While many of our guests are working reps, consultants, and technical specialists on short project dictated visits, or families en-route Mozambique, Swaziland, Kosi and Sodwana Bays. There are many guests who wish to linger and for them there is much to do in and around the fertile Pongola Valley. Some of the activities include:
- Take a tour of the TSB Sugar Mill.
- Visit a citrus packhouse preparing fruit for export.
- Golf, Tennis, Bowls.
- Mountain, Quad or Off-Road Biking.
- Tiger Fishing on the Pongolapoort Dam at Lake Jozini.
- Bass Fishing at Dweba Lapa Dam.
- Try out some serious 4 x 4 terrain on the surrounding ancient Lebombo Mountains.
- Take a leisurely drive through one of the many nearby Game Reserves; Ithala, Mkuze, Pongola, Hluhluwe and see the Big 5.
- Don’t miss Sunday Lunch at the new Tiger Lodge in Jozini.
- Arrange a professional hunting trip or go bush tracking elephant or rhino.
Being in Northern KwaZulu-Natal, there is a wealth of historical, geological and botanical outings to enjoy. Don’t miss out on the famous winter aloe gardens and all round abundant bird life. Set aside some time for being pampered at one of the local spas or enjoy a morning of shopping at our interesting gift, clothing and scrapbooking shops in the town.
For those that would like to give back into the community there are some amazing projects being run, and visits to these can be arranged. Pongola is a part of the Elephant Coast Tourism Drive and the Kingfisher Tourism Route and is renowned for its exceptionally beautiful gardens and its active garden club.
The town is built around the NG Kerk with a number of other active Churches in town.
On a practical note there is a well equipped, modern hospital staffed with an experienced, professional and caring medical team. The airport is on the outskirts of the town and can cater for most light aircraft.